Monday, September 03, 2007

WOW!!!!!!

Okay, so last night was the first night I pulled out the guitar for the girls. All I can say is that I'm so grateful for the Lord giving me this talent! I played 2 of the song that I've written for a group of 9 girls...and ALL of them were professing their love for me-not really, but they were all over me. I told them that I'd trade them a copy of my songs on cd for a dinner. So pretty much I can save up some of my food money for a while! Haha.

Then later 3 girls were hanging out with me and James (my cool dormmate-see previous post) I was telling them about how I can improvise on guitar very well and then they wanted me to write each of them a song...so instead I asked James if he could just make up words on the spot and he thought he could. So I just jammed on the guitar while James made up some funny love song of each girl in front of them. It was so great. Afterwards I was playing them some of the stuff I've written that doesn't have words (I have a TON of material with no words) and James went and a got a notepad and totally started writing lyrics for a love song. It was pretty neat how quickly he just jotted down his ideas. Some of the lines are just GOLDEN! So the girls were all there helping us find melodies and harmonies and helping with the lyrics. So by this time it was like 12:30 in the morning and pretty soon we had about 15 people-guys and girls-all sitting around us outside on the grass listening to us make this song. It was the coolest experience I've ever had with the guitar. So James can also play piano really well, like Jazz Improv Piano, and I play Jazz Improv Guitar-so tonight all of us are packing into the small basement room with the piano to jam away and impress all the girls.

Love you guys.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Cool story, Joe. Sounds like you and James are going to have ALL the ladies. Has school even started yet?

Joseph said...

Nope, school had not started. Tomorrow, 9:00, Book of Mormon. I can't wait!!!! And yes, we are going to have all the ladies. We just jammed right now on piano/guitar. It was amazing!!!!!!!!! I think we might just go up for the talent show and then improvise-it sounded that good!

Anonymous said...

I guess all that money I spent on your guitar lessons wasn't wasted.