Friday, September 14, 2007

STORIES TO TELL!!!!!

Okay guys, I have got a lot of stuff to say, let's just hope that I remember them all.

First foremost, I know you are all wondering what is happening with Chipotle since I am here in Provo now. I have been in contact with Shelly Whittle and today there was a Grand Opening up near Salt Lake City. So, naturally I ditched my Student Development Class (which is one hour on fridays and i skipped last weeks too...)went an hour and a half before Chipotle opened, wore my Master Burrito Ambassador T-Shirt, joked around with all the executives from Colorado and Arizona that showed up, then bought the first burrito ever made at this location. It was a very spiritual experience. I brought my friend and it was great. So, Shelly was there and she handed me another t-shirt ("How about a Burrito") and 8 free burrito bucks, and then I won a free side of Guac and Chips from spinning the Wheel of Chipotle. Caleb, don't worry, I thinking about sending you and Gina each a free burrito. (Before everyone gets into a frenzy, I do owe Caleb at least one!)



This is the front.



Here is the meal! The first burrito made, and it was delicious.



This is the trash can, filled with free magnets. It is wonderful, and yes, I took about 4 magnets home with me.



The wheel of Chipotle, very cool, people can win a multitude of prizes.






Next story, recently, James and I have been going to girl's dorms that we don't know, knock on the door, ask them their name, and then I play guitar and he sings them a song that we make up on the spot. We have done this to probably 10 dorms so far, and we have a lot to go. We are pretty well known around heritage halls, and girls who get "chosen" to be sung to are pretty darn stoked. So in addition to making girls feel good and have a good laugh, we also can scope out for any really really good looking girls to hang out with. Now, we went and got some dorm the other day and the girls said that they were going to repay us. So the next night, they brought us some cookies. SOOO, naturally, we made cookies for them the next night and wrote a song for them when we handed it to them. (By the way, these girls are all super cute) So the ball is in their court...hopefully the get us back!!!! (Although they did invite us to come over whenever we wanted)

Next story, the second day here I heard a local band playing in front of the Marb on campus. They are extremely good. So, I am going to a couple of their free concerts in the next few weeks. Anyways, I saw the lead singer/guitarist in between classes the other day and was talking to him. It was very cool. So I went to their website and it said that they play at parties and events for free...An Activities Committee Chairman's DREAM! So I e-mailed them and asked them about it and they are totally game for playing at a dance or party that our ward has in the future!!!!! I am so totally stoked, you have no idea!!!!!!!!

I joined a class for intermediate guitar players, and it seems like its going to be awesome!!!

I can't think of anything else to tell you guys...but I'm sure that I am forgetting some stuff. When I remember them, I'll blog it. I love you guys!

5 comments:

Parker Family said...

Too bad your BYU experience is turning out to be so lame.

Every.
Story.
More.
Awesome.
Than.
The.
One.
Before.

Love the updates, Joey.

jenerekfamily said...

Next time leave out the "I skipped class two weeks in a row" part. Derek is starting to lose hope that you will get your 4.0 gpa for your freshman year. ;)

Girls are overrated - especially really pretty ones.

Love the updates - keep 'em coming. Also, you don't need any ideas for asking girls on dates with that guitar of yours.

Anonymous said...

Joey - you are crazy man! That's all. Just crazy. Hey - whatever happened to the Comedy Show that you were going to try out for? JC

Joseph said...

Could whoever left that comment be any more vague about who it is...

I decided not to try out because my guitar class is during their practices...so even if i made (not likely) i would not once be able to practice.

Gina said...

Yeah, great stories Joe. And I love that you bought the first burrito ever in Utah. Were there a lot of people there for the grand opening?

Sounds like you're getting pretty creative to meet girls, kind of like Jimmy did. I hope you don't let any of them spray you with pepper spray.