Monday, September 03, 2007

Misc

Ok girls, you would be SO proud of me today. I had my first clash with a check out lady at the grocery store. I am planning on making a beef stew with potatoes, and the red and baking potatoes are both marked for 49 cents a pound. I figured, "hmm why not try using both in a stew, it probably won't taste bad." So I grab 3 red potatoes and 2 baking potatoes and put them in the same bag. Right? That makes sense. So I get to the check out counter and the lady gives me this annoyed look and takes them out of the bag to weigh them seperatly. and guess what, she charged me 59 cents for the red potatoes!!! I told her straight up, "um...why did you charge me 59 for the red? It's marked for 49 cents right there" and I proceeded to point to the potato aisle.

BOOM!!! I saved myself like 25 cents!!!! I know you are all so proud of me!

On the topic of cooking for myself, I really enjoy the freedom of adding what I want and how much of it. Like doubling the meat on my stew recipe!

Also, I have been converted to cheese curds. Not that bad-nice and salty.

3 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

Ah, it might be time to introduce you to the Cheese Factory in Beaver, Utah. We never pass without going in and buying a bag of jalapeno cheese curd. Doesn't get much tastier than that...

Judy Cozza Photography said...

By the way - good job on the PRICE CHECK ON THE POTATO AISLE! BTW red potatoes are always more expensive than the other ones. If they are that cheap - BUY RED ONES! KA-CHING!

Parker Family said...

Dang, I wish I knew about a cheese factory in Beaver.

And I personally recommend the Yukon Gold potatoes...much tastier than reds (am I going to get struck by lightning for saying that?)

Awesome job on keeping track of your money, Joey! Salespeople never care, that's for DANG sure.