Friday, September 28, 2007

Jimmy is Weak Sauce!

Ok, so does everyone here remember Jimmy's blog from last year where he had 100 dollars worth of otter pops? So let us analyze what he got from the deal. He spent 100 of his own dollars, for a non-filling sugary snack.

As you should all know, I am an activities committee chairman, and as such I am privy to certain perks. Like when the Stake activities committee buys extra hoagies for one of their activities that I helped with. That is right, I am now the proud owner of 65 free hoagies. They are a mixture of italian, turkey and swiss, and ham and american.

Now let us analyze what I got from the deal. I spent about 40 cents worth of gas for transportation, for a filling, main course part of a meal.

Personally, I think I win this face-off. What is the score Jimmy-zero, Joey-two? Man, I am good.

Don't worry. They aren't all for me, and I know they'll be going bad in about 2 days. I got them for my dorm and a dorm next door.

So here are some pictures. If you would notice my short hair! My best buddy Jamie, bought a little kit and cut my hair. This was his first time and he was a little nervous and was too careful. I kept telling him, "push it into my head harder like my mom does" or "you can go faster" you know, that kind of stuff. After the shower I had to get a re-trim, and he had missed a ton. It was very fun.






Also, I was in the ward talent show last night. It wasn't too bad, Jamie and I dedicated this "love song" that we "wrote" to all the girls, and then we proceeded to play heart and soul, him on one hand on the piano and me on the other part of the song on the guitar, then we switched parts. Then we transitioned it into a Jazz jam session. It was cool. I also MC'ed for it too. I was witty as always.

Also, right after the Talent show, me and a bunch of us sprinted to a girl's dorm and barely made it with 2 minutes to spare before the season opener of The Office came on. It was GREAT by the way!!!

Also, Jimmy sent me a very heartfelt e-mail telling me that if I don't work my butt off in school and forget about friends and girls, that he is going to dis-own me. He doesn't think he is getting back into BYU because of his bad grades. But I checked some stuff for him, and he should be fine, as long as he does ridiculously well his next semester.

That is all I can think of right now. Love you guys tons!!!

Well, that is all I can think of right now.

7 comments:

jamie said...

Joe, something about having 65 hoagies all lined up on your bed just gives me the willies. I hope they were wrapped really tightly and that they weren't being wrapped on a surface where there was meat. All I can think of is how your sheets are going to smell like ham.

And yes, I think you beat Jim, big time.

Jodie said...

I dunno, Joe...you can't make a chair out of hoagies.

Gina said...

Perfect. Just perfect. I can tell you have all of the girls putty in your hands.

I would like to hear one of these jam sessions sometime. Doesn't someone have a digital camera that can record it for you? Then you can post it here for everyone to see and hear.

And the fact that Jimmy spent $100 of his own money for all of those otter pops shows dedication. I think it's a draw.

And I love all of the comments so far. I'm still chuckling.

Parker Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parker Family said...

Free hoagies is a DEFINITE win. And the fact that Jimmy isn't here to defend himself and the number of Chipotles you have hand-delivered to Show Low also help influence my decision.

And also "I'm not Super stitious, I'm just a little stitious."

Which was definitely the best line of the night. Almost as good as PB and J holding hands...

xoxo
J

Judy Cozza Photography said...

You TOLD on your brother? Repent.

Question....by the way...where did you put all those sandwiches...like where are they now - today....days later.

If you were smart - you could have MADE $100 and beat Jimmy hands down. Where the heck is the entrepreneur in you? Scratching my head on that one.

Money Joe. Get the money.

Joseph said...

I have given over 30 away already, and the rest are in my fridge, being eaten.

and Judy, its called favors. Now everyone who got "free" hoagies owe me one. I can cash in on these at any time.