Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Videos of my dives!!

Please ignore the horrible camera work (we can't all be like Judy)
In diving there is a system to naming dives, so I will give you the official name, then I'll give you the breakdown of what it really is.

This one is a 5312D. Also known as a gainer flip with a twist. I face the water and do a backflip (as opposed to my back facing the water) and then twist a little. Not a very flattering shot of my larger body...but hey, I can't have everything in life.


This one is a 5113D. I face the water, do a front-flip with a half twist and then continue flipping into a back dive. Essentially I do 1.5 flips and 0.5 twists.

Here is a beautiful 204C. This is my awesome double back-flip. Enjoy.


HERE IS THE GRAND FINALE! MY SECOND EVER ATTEMPT AT A TRIPLE BACKFLIP!!!!! This one is called 206C. It takes me forever to catch my breath and work up the nerve, so go ahead and skip to about 16 seconds into the video.


I also know that you want to see me in the prime of my wisdom teeth, so here is one picture to abate your hunger.

6 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

Sweet. Double back flip was my fav. You are taking the most random classes ever. I'm glad you're having a good time.

Judy Cozza Photography said...

OH MY HEAVENLY DAYS!! THE GUTS YOU HAVE IS LIKE UNTO NO OTHER. I am still trying to recover from seeing SUPERMAN.

Joe - how will we ever get you to be a humble and lowly servant of the Lord when you already fly so high?

Luckily - I am assured....that the Lord has BIG plans for you! I am already looking forward to reading your humbled letters from Texas.

Gina said...

Dang, I am impressed. You're pretty gutsy Joe. Cute chipmunk cheeks too.

jamie said...

I watched the triple flip two dozen times at least. Wow. Wow. Ow.

Jodie said...

Totally cool, Joe! you rock!

Kimmie said...

Totally awesome diving couz! I was actually clapping during the triple backflip...you are really good!