Friday, April 11, 2008

My Mission Call + More

Okay, for anyone who hasn't heard I am going to San Antonio Texas Spanish speaking for my mission. I leave on June 18th.

Also, (and just as cool I think) in my weight training class I hit my goal for the bench press. My goal was 325 lbs. You heard it right, I lifted three hundred and twenty-five pounds. I was almost more excited about that than my mission call, almost.

Also, in my springboard diving class I got the highest scores for 2 of my dives. My double back-flip scored a 7.5, and then my 1.5 front-flip half-twist got a 7. A score of 5 was full credit so I got some awesome extra credit. Only 2 other people got a score of 7 on one of their dives, so I totally rock.

Also, I took my aerobic dance class final. I talked to two girls and they said the test took them 45 minutes and that they both had gotten 78's. I went into the test, and 11 minutes later, I was finished. I scored a 96%.

Well, I love you guys, peace.

7 comments:

ryan said...

Ummmmm...so eventually you'll be competing in the weightlifting/diving/touch-your- toes triathlon after your mission?
Can you run it by us again what you're studying?

Hey, we are SO excited about your mission call to Texas. And to think that we almost ended up in Austin this Fall. And, we are SO excited to be able to see you for two weeks (we get to Phoenix on June 5th) before you enter the MTC. We miss you Joe, and can't wait to hang out (and do some benchpressing).

-Ryan

Jodie said...

You're awesome, Joe!

And congrats again on the call--SO AWESOME!!

Joseph said...

Dude, Austin is totally in my mission...that would have been sweet if I was a missionary for your ward.

Um...I'm studying Electrical Engineering, but this semester I took some fun classes as well.

Judy Cozza Photography said...

WoW Joey - incredible scores! 325lb??? Is that really possible. Pretty impressive.

So now, I am trying to visualize how the Lord has prepared you thus far (with all your incredible feats) for your mission coming so soon. Here is what I see:

1. You will have HEAVY LOADS to carry while in San Antonio, Texas but will be able to lift them up high after much "training" during your mission.
2. You will be able to "spring" back and recover from all your "1.5 double-back-flips" - "front-flip, half-twists" tests and trials and be able to come up for air when it is all completed with fine accuracy having relied totally on the Lord.
3. You will end up dancing sweet after you have learned all your lessons - not side stepping any of them - and hear the words...maybe even 11 mins later - "well done, my good and faithful servant." You will have scored a 100%!

WOW Joey - very impressive lessons.
Hurry home - gotta hug you son!

Kimmie said...

Ah, muy bien mi primo!!! Soy muy feliz, y te amo mucho!

Gina said...

Whoa, bro. All of this was before or after the wisdom teeth? I'm not sure I was feeling THAT great for a month after mine.

Joseph said...

Yeah, that within 5 days of my wisdom teeth being pulled. I guess my priesthood blessing really kicked the pain's butt.