Monday, September 29, 2014

Why I Haven't Done Family History Work for 8 years.

The first time I was introduced to indexing (in the context of genealogy) was in my freshman year of college. There was a challenge in our stake to be the ward that indexed the most names, and I of course wanted to win. I learned a little about it, talked with my roommates, and we decided to attack this whole indexing thing. The next night we tried downloading the software needed to do the indexing, and an issue occurred on my old laptop. A few blue screens of death and issues registering my account was enough to turn me off of genealogy for quite a while. I know that I really should spend some of my time doing something worthwhile like family history work, but I haven't been able to get over the mental block to do so. How will I get past this issue? I don't know. Right now I am just focusing on passing my classes this semester so I can graduate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way. I tried downloading the software once, but I've never made any progress. I imagine once they release the online version soon there will be a lot more participation.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.