Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I ROCK THE CASBAH!

So, here is the whole story. I was on a group date and we went to Chipotle. Sounds like a good and fun story, right? WRONG! The assistant manager looks at me all shocked and amazed. He asked me what in the world I was doing there. I told him that I was just eating Chipotle, duh. He then proceeds to tell me that the NEW MBA told him that I left for college already. So I was already pissed at this point, some guy told him I left for college and then he hired this "new guy". Of course I couldn't make a big deal about it because I had a date there. (but I would have loved to over react and make a big scene and demand some more information) Anyways, He proceeds to tell me that this guy's name is Jaron and that he seemed to know who I was. I was stunned, my friend Jaron Sato lied to him and told him I already left for college. What a jerk!!!!! I knew he was a bum. So by this point I was IRATE, ready to kill someone (someone named Jaron)

Fast Foward 3 Weeks

So Jaron calls up and says he has to pick up his drum kit and tv. So he comes over and of course I couldn't keep my mouth shut, I confronted him about stealing my ambassadorship. He says that he is a MBA for a tempe location, not MY location. It seemed pretty legit, he said that Shelly Whittle talked to him at the Grand Opening and everything. So it seems that the guy who works at Chipotle just misunderstood Jaron, Jaron just told him that he is an MBA, not that location's.

Fast Foward 2 days

Now I am curious about what happens to my Ambassadorship now that I am leaving for college. Here is my e-mail to Shelly Whittle, the head of marketing of all of Arizona.

Hey Shelly,
This is Joey Cozza, MBA of the 99th and McDowell location Chipotle. I have a concern regarding me being an ambassador. In one month I am leaving for college in Provo Utah . I was wondering what happens now. Do I loose my ambassadorship? Do you pick a new ambassador for this location? Should I retire the MBA T-shirt? If you could tell me the protocol concerning this, it would be greatly appreciated! By the way, one of my best friends told me that he just became an MBA. I think it was at a tempe grand opening. His name is Jaron Sato, that is pretty cool. Well, I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, Long Live Chipotle!

Joey Cozza
Master Burrito Ambassador

Here is her response.

HI Joey!!

Thanks for emailing me and congratulations on graduating. What am amazing coincidence. You DO NOT have to turn in your MBA status. In fact you’ll be such as asset to me in Provo . I also handle the marketing for Utah . Utah is brand new to Chipotle, we just opened our first location there in West Bountiful and are opening 3 more before the end of the year. We open Sugarhouse ( Salt Lake City ) on 9/28, Fort Union (or Cottonwood Heights ) on 9/7 and Sandy in the end of November. So as an MBA you’ll definitely be a huge asset to us still by helping enlighten the masses to Chipotle. Don’t be concerned you will always be an MBA J

Give me a shout out when you move and are settled. Are you going to BYU? I’d love to set up a time to either chat over the phone or meet in person. I am usually in Utah at least once a month. Maybe if you are up for it we can get you really involved in our openings and maybe some stuff on your new college campus

Great to hear from you! Do you need more burrito bucks?

Shelly Whittle

Burrito Bandit

Chipotle - Marketing


So ya, that is the best news ever, and I totally rock!!!

4 comments:

jamie said...

Wow. Total wow. That IS the best news ever! A lifetime Master Burrito Ambassador?! "Do you need more burrito bucks?" Wow.

Gina said...

Good call in emailing the Burrito Bandit, Joe. You DO totally ROCK. I can't wait to hear when the BYU Chipotle opens up.

Jodie said...

Awesome! I too, appreciate her concern of "do you need more burrito bucks?" How cool!

Anonymous said...

I think this is all sick. (couldn't say the same as everyone else) jc