Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Awards Ceremony

So, yesterday was the formal awards ceremony for our school. Just a little thing where the kids get to be shown off with their scholarships and awards in front of their parents. I was pretty proud that I got the "Most Outstanding Male Student" award for $500 just because I was outstanding. Then I learned that I also got a district scholarship of another $500 dollars-woohoo!! So when we where there at the ceremony and Caitlin Fluegge goes up to accept all of hers...I begin to feel pretty crappy. Let me just begin by saying that Caitlin in ranked Nationally in the sport of Tennis. I think she is ranked 12th or 11th, IN THE WHOLE NATION (and she is funny). So, of course, she isn't getting all of the money but a combined total of all the schools offering her money was $400,000 dollars. I talked to her later and she said that she had been conservative when she recorded the amounts the schools were offering her...disgusting!

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Good job, Joey! I'm so proud of you, you deserve it. Love ya!

Jodie said...

Awesome! I think that award is well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Awards like that rock! Keep it up, hard work will pay off in the end! Miss you Bugger Joey!

Parker Family said...

OK, Caitlin might be funny. And nationally-ranked in tennis. And uber-scholarshippy.

But does she have a hook-up at Chipotle?

I think not.

Enough said.