Monday, December 08, 2014

My Own Ethics

The ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) had a code of ethics that really impress me. During my most recent read-through, I thought about how much it applies to me now that I am working at a company full-time. What caught my attention most is their section about honoring confidentiality. "The ethical concern is to respect all obligations of confidentiality to employers, clients, and users unless discharged from such obligations by requirements of the law or other principles of this Code."  At my current job, I get customer's login credentials to different services in order to build them a customized integration with our web app. There is a lot of trust that goes into this, and I need to be very careful with how I handle their information. 

No comments: